Saturday, October 1, 2011

His Eyes

(Poem in hundred words comprising of only monosyllables)



His eyes are black
As black as night
They give a light
That lights my life.
Long of lash,
Thick of brow
I saw them then,
I see them now.
When he sets them on me,
I smile in glee
I feel the blood in me rush,
And my cheeks start to blush.
I so wish to stand and stare,
I try to peep from my hair
But I feel so shy,
Dont know why.
I so wish to lock eyes with him;
But guts I lack, and it stays a whim.
His eyes it is that I am drawn to,
Get close to them, I do want to.
His eyes which are black
As black as the night
They give a light
That lights my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kumbalangi Nights: Empowering men to step away from the masquerade of masculinity

Amidst the cries of #MeToo and debates on ambiguous forms of feminism,  Kumbalangi Nights  comes as a breath of fresh air that deals w...